Monday, April 11, 2011

Becoming a Wiz at Brain Based Learning Response

I really enjoyed this presentation because there was a lot of interesting things going on at every station. It was immediately clear that you guys really understood your book well and you nailed it!

EMOTIONS: Susanna, that was a really interesting game where we learned a lot of really interesting information while you explained some of the less clear ideas. I thought that the use of the game was a good way for us to learn the material because it caught my interest and I was able to really get into the game and the information that was told. It was fun and interesting so I was able to stick with what you were doing.

ENVIRONMENT: The environment is very important for students because it can either help or hinder students learning. Keeping the room filled with natural light and having fun and interesting things around the room can keep students attention. I really liked the idea of having us write quotes on the wall so that we had ownership over a part of the classroom. These quotes were also motivating and helpful with the learning process. I really enjoyed how you decorated the room, you went all out! That was a great way to show us what you meant by creating an environment for certain occasions.

MEMORY: Lyzz, you did an awesome job with the game, there were definitely a lot of really interesting facts that we learned by doing the game. The part that I really enjoyed the most was that you were explaining the concept of memory and the important ideas associated with memory while giving a great test for all of the new information with the game. As I went through the game I started to use the tips and facts on the cards to improve my memory in the game. Not to mentioned my natural competitiveness drove me to really test my skills with memory!

ASSESSMENT: Josh, you did an awesome job with the black jack and relating it to assessment. As we walked around the room, I couldn't wait to get to that station, I never would have imagined that it had to do with portfolios and standardized tests. Though as you explained the connections, it made perfect sense and I really enjoyed how you tied the two concepts together. The idea of a portfolio is something that I want to do more research in to use in my class, it seems like a great way to give students ownership over their work and pride in showing off what they have achieved throughout the year. I especially liked the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment