Thursday, March 17, 2011

Student Oriented Curriculum

This book was really good because it brought up a lot of really interesting ideas for teaching a class. I liked all of the ideas for learning who the students are in the classroom. It is really important to bring a group closer together in the beginning of the year so they can work together and create a strong bond. Building the schedule was powerful because it demanded me to look at how I wanted to set up my schedule to benefit my learning the most. One of the strongest things I found about the book was the idea that the students didn't take any tests or quizzes. The students were accountable for their learning and the progress that they made. This type of teaching gives power to the students and builds students learning abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment